BOCHK has had a commitment to "Management Trainee Programme" (the "Programme") since 2006. The Programme offers a promising career path to outstanding university graduates. The mission of the 30-month Programme is to nurture bright and young executives and develop future leaders for our business. The Programme encompasses Corporate and Institutional Banking, Channel Management, Personal Banking and Product Management, Investment Management as well as Financial Management and other business/ functional areas.
Training and Development Programme
Focused lectures, on-the-job training and job rotations comprise the 30-month Programme. We also provide mentoring and ongoing performance coaching to develop the required skill sets. Trainees need to complete special projects or assignments and participate in cross-departmental events to broaden perspective and gain practical experience.
- First two weeks: Orientation
- The first two weeks of the programme provides a comprehensive overview of the Bank's business strategies, products and service offerings, regulatory requirements, as well as corporate culture.
- 3rd week - 12th month: Job rotation
- Management trainees are offered job rotations in various departments which enable them to gain experience in banking operations and business, as well as build relationships. Trainees need to sit for respective examinations dispensed by the regulators to acquire the necessary qualifications. Moreover, they are also required to take up special assignments, in addition to the training provided by the Bank and external bodies.
- 13th - 30th month: On-the-job training
- On-the-job training enables trainees to sharpen their skills. Mentoring by senior managers and ongoing performance coaching will help identify strengths and areas for improvement. During the course, trainees can attain personal growth. Furthermore, there will be opportunities to participate in special projects and cross-departmental events, to gain more exposure to the banking business and learn from the others
- Career paths
- Management trainees will be offered managerial positions upon successful completion of the Programme with continuous coaching and training support. BOCHK cares about career development and is committed to enhancing the professionalism and management skills of its staff.
- A Masters degree, MBA preferred (Bachelors degree holders with outstanding academic achievement will also be considered)
- Possess superior organizing ability and communications skills, as well as strong planning, analytical and leadership qualities
- A determination to succeed
- A good team player
- Proficient in both English and Chinese. Fluent in Mandarin an advantage