|This is a structured investment product involving derivatives. The investment decision is yours but you should not invest in this product unless the intermediary who sells it to you has explained to you that the product is suitable for you having regard to your financial situation, investment experience and investment objectives.
Disclosure related to deposit protection:
This product is not a protected deposit and is not protected by the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong.
You should read and understand the Banks Conditions for Services and all of the offering documents including the relevant term sheet, Important Facts Statement and the Structured Deposit Application Form, before deciding whether to invest in this product.
Key Product Features
- 100% Principal Protection It is 100% principal protected if you hold this product till maturity.
- Various Linked Assets provides you with an opportunity to gain a higher potential return via various linked assets such as interest rates or currency exchange rates.
- Flexible Investment Choices You can choose HKD, USD, CNY or other designated currencies as the Deposit Currency. The minimum deposit amount is as low as HKD50,000 or its equivalent in other currencies. A wide range of deposit periods are available for selection.
- Trading Channels You can trade via designated branches and Internet Banking. Service hours: Mondays to Fridays, 9:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m., except public holidays.
For details, please visit any of BOCHK branches or call Customer Service Hotline at (852) 3988 2388.
Structured Deposits and Investment Deposits available for Application:
The following risk disclosure statements cannot disclose all the risks involved. Prior to trading or investment, you should collect and study the information required for your investment. You should carefully consider whether trading or investment is suitable in light of your own financial position and investment objectives. You should seek independent financial and professional advice before trading or investment. If you are uncertain of or have not understood any aspect of the following risk disclosure statements or the nature and risks involved in trading or investment, you should seek independent advice.
Risk Disclosure Statement
- Not a time deposit Target Rate Deposit is NOT equivalent to, nor should it be treated as a substitute for, time deposit. It is NOT a protected deposit and is NOT protected by the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong.
- Derivatives risk Target Rate Deposit is embedded with a European digital currency option which can only be exercised on the final fixing date if the specified condition for exercise is satisfied, in which case you may either receive the interest amount calculated at a higher interest rate, or otherwise, you will receive the interest amount calculated at a lower interest rate. The interest amount is therefore unknown in advance.
- Limited potential gain The maximum potential gain is limited to the interest amount calculated at the higher interest rate as prescribed in the term sheet of this product.
- Principal protection at maturity only The principal protection feature is only applicable if this product is held to maturity.
- Not the same as buying any currency of the currency pair Investing in Target Rate Deposit is not the same as buying any currency of the currency pair directly.
- Market risk The return on Target Rate Deposit is dependent on movements in the exchange rate of the currency pair. Currency exchange rates may move rapidly and are affected by a number of factors including, national and international financial, economic, political and other conditions and events and may also be subject to intervention by central banks and other bodies.
- Liquidity risk Target Rate Deposit is designed to be held till maturity. Once the transaction for this product is confirmed, you will not be allowed to early withdraw or terminate or transfer any or all of your deposit before maturity.
- Credit risk of the Bank Target Rate Deposit is not secured by any collateral. If you invest in this product, you will be taking the credit risk of the Bank. If the Bank becomes insolvent or defaults on its obligations under this product, you can only claim as an unsecured creditor of the Bank. In the worst case, you could suffer a total loss of your principal amount and the potential interest amount.
- Currency risk If the deposit currency is not your home currency, and you choose to convert it back to your home currency upon maturity, you may make a gain or loss due to exchange rate fluctuations. RMB currency risk RMB investments are subject to exchange rate fluctuations which may provide both opportunities and risks. The fluctuation in the exchange rate of RMB may result in losses in the event that the customer converts RMB into HKD or other foreign currencies. RMB is currently not fully freely convertible and Hong Kong personal residents conducting conversion of RMB through bank accounts are subject to a daily limit. Customers should allow time for exchange of RMB from/to another currency of an RMB amount exceeding the daily limit. Corporate customers or Non-Hong Kong residents that intend to conduct conversion of RMB with the Bank may occasionally not be able to do so fully or immediately, which is subject to the RMB position of the banks and their commercial decisions at that moment. Such kinds of customers ought to understand the limitation as well as its possible impact on their need of RMB fund in advance.