|BOCHK is a leading commercial banking group in Hong Kong. By leveraging on our solid foundation, extensive distribution network, broad customer base and strong business connections, we are well-positioned to offer you the most diverse range of RMB services.
- A comprehensive range of RMB deposit services including savings, current, time and club deposits are available.
- Multiple banking channels covering Internet Banking, Phone Banking, our branches and ATM service network spanning Hong Kong, Kowloon and the New Territories enable you to flexibly manage your account.
- You may opt to open a RMB savings account at any of Mainland subsidiaries banking institution of our group.
- Our extensive network of 260 branches of BOCHK, Nanyang Commercial Bank Limited and Chiyu Banking Corporation Limited and more than 580 ATMs are always at your service.
- You may choose to take up Exchange Express (standing instruction) service for automatic RMB exchange and transfer to conveniently meet your financial needs.
- With our experience and expertise, you can always count on us for reliable RMB exchange service.
- All handling charges are waived.
- The currency of the loan is in RMB.
- Privileged mortgage interest rate.
- Provide a comprehensive range of RMB investment products, including RMB securities, funds, bonds, structured deposits and investment deposits.
- Remittance points cover all provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities in the Mainland of China and Macau.
- Remittance applications can be processed conveniently through any branch of BOCHK or Internet Banking.
- Fund transfer can be made within the same day at the earliest.3
- Simply by choosing our RMB Remittance Express4 and setting up forward-dated remittance instruction, you can manage your funds with ease.
- The BOC Cards with extensive network and dual-currency (HKD/RMB) settlement option, and BOC CUP Dual Currency Credit Cards are the best choices for all your RMB needs.
- Our card offers great convenience to frequent travelers between Hong Kong and the Mainland of China for business, work, travel or consumption.
- Our card is widely accepted by the China UnionPay at over 5,000,000 merchant outlets and 1,000,000 ATMs in major countries and regions over the world.
- You can settle payments by cheque for consumer spending2 in Guangdong Province without the trouble of carrying a bulk of cash across the border. In Hong Kong, you can use it to settle all kinds of payments.
- Easy-to-read monthly statements listing all the transaction details make your financial management easier.
Cashier’s Orders and Gift Cheques
- Cashier’s order can be used as a payment instrument for settling payments and transferring fund without the need of carrying a bulk of cash.
- The elegantly designed gift cheques are suitable for all sorts of celebration events as gifts for friends and family.
Internet Banking and Phone Banking
- You can conveniently access our comprehensive range of RMB financial services via Internet Banking or Phone Banking anytime, anywhere.
- Customers can take advantage of our exclusive Internet Banking offers.
Customers can enjoy the comprehensive RMB Services at BOCHK upon opening Multi-currency Savings Accounts (including RMB) or RMB current accounts.
Simply open Multi-currency Savings Account (including RMB) at any branch of BOCHK or via Internet Banking5! For enquiries, please call our Personal Customer Hotline at (852) 3988 2388.
- This service is only applicable to non-Hong Kong residents.
- This service is only applicable to Hong Kong residents.
- Remittance should be made in accordance with related regulatory requirements in the Mainland of China. For details, please contact the staff of the Bank.
- To enjoy the service, you should open a RMB savings account at any branch of Nanyang Commercial Bank (China) Limited in the Mainland and meet specific requirements. For details, please contact the staff of the Bank.
- The opening of Multi-currency Savings Account (including RMB) via Internet Banking is only applicable to the Bank's existing Internet Banking customers who do not hold any Multi-Currency Savings Accounts in sole name or joint Multi-currency Savings Accounts (including RMB).
Although investment may bring about profit opportunities, each type of investment product or service comes with its own risks. Due to the fluctuating nature of the markets, the prices of products may rise or fall beyond customers’ expectations and investment funds may increase or decrease in value as a result of selling or purchasing investment products. Loss may equal or exceed the amount of the initial investment. Income yields may also fluctuate. Due to market conditions, some investments may not be readily realised. Before making any investment decision, customers should assess their own financial position, investment objectives and experience, willingness and ability to bear risks, and understand the nature and risk of the relevant product. For details of the nature of a particular product and the risks involved, please refer to the relevant offering documents. Customers should seek advice from an independent financial adviser. This promotional material does not constitute any offer, solicitation, recommendation, comment or any guarantee to the purchase or sale of any investment product or service. This promotional material is issued by Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited and the contents have not been reviewed by the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong.
RMB investments are subject to exchange rate fluctuations which may provide both opportunities and risks. The fluctuation in the RMB exchange rate may result in losses in the event that the customer converts RMB into Hong Kong dollars or other foreign currencies.
RMB is currently not fully freely convertible. Hong Kong residents who convert RMB through bank accounts are subject to a daily limit. Hong Kong residents should allow time for exchange of RMB from/to another currency of an RMB amount exceeding the daily limit. Non-Hong Kong Residents (i.e. individuals who are not holders of a Hong Kong Identity Card) who intend to convert RMB through the banks may occasionally not be able to do so fully or immediately, which is subject to the RMB position of the banks and their commercial decisions at that moment.
Nanyang Commercial Bank (China) Limited is a bank incorporated in the Mainland of China and is not an authorized institution within the meaning of the Banking Ordinance of Hong Kong nor carrying on banking business in Hong Kong. The deposits in NCB (China) are not protected by the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong and are not guaranteed by BOCHK or Nanyang Commercial Bank, Limited.
The current requirements allow Hong Kong residents to remit the remaining balance of the RMB funds and the deposit interest thereof (after deducting the relevant interest tax) from the Mainland of China to their accounts in Hong Kong under the same name. However, any subsequent transfer of the RMB funds from the Mainland of China back to Hong Kong shall be subject to the prevailing legal and regulatory requirements of the regulatory authorities in the Mainland of China. Customers shall also bear the risk of foreign exchange restrictions.