- The above offers are only applicable to personal banking customers.
- The above products, services and offers are subject to the relevant terms. For details, please refer to the relevant promotion materials or contact Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited (“BOCHK”) branch staff.
- BOCHK reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate the above products, services and offer and to amend the relevant terms at any time at its sole discretion.
- Customers need to pay for the relevant data generated by downloading and/or using BOCHK Mobile Banking or any designated BOCHK Mobile Applications mentioned above by themselves.
- Please download BOCHK Mobile Applications from official application stores or BOCHK website, and ensure the search wording is correct.
- By using BOCHK Mobile Applications and/or Mobile Banking or Online Banking, the viewer agrees to be bound by the content of the disclaimer and policy as it may be amended by BOCHK from time to time and posted on BOCHK Mobile Applications and/or Mobile Banking or Online Banking.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of BOCHK shall be final.
- Should there be any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of this promotion material, the Chinese version shall prevail.
The information on PickAStock is provided by ET Net Limited (“ET Net”) and/or its third party information providers (the "Sources") and is strictly for reference only. It is not intended to provide any financial or professional advice and any person should not rely upon the same as such. You should obtain relevant and specific professional advice before making any investment decision. Before making an investment decision, you should consider, with the assistance of your professional securities adviser, whether the information is appropriate in light of your particular investment needs, objectives and financial circumstances. ET Net and the Sources endeavor to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information provided. Notwithstanding the aforesaid, ET Net, the Sources, BOCHK do not guarantee or make any representation, warranty or undertaking as to the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of this information, and accept no responsibility or liability whatsoever (whether in tort or contract or otherwise) for any loss or damage howsoever arising from or in reliance upon the whole or any part of such information.
ETNET/AASTOCKS APP are mobile application of third party (“Third Party Mobile Application”). The use of Third Party Mobile Application is subject to the relevant terms of service provider. BOCHK is not the service provider of Third Party Mobile Application. BOCHK does not make any warranty to that product and/or service, nor liable to any consequence of using that product and/or service. If customer has any enquiry, opinions, indemnity, compliant and or dispute with the product and/or service of Third Party Mobile Application, please contact the relevant provider directly. BOCHK does not accept any liability.
You should be aware that transaction prices can fluctuate drastically. The securities prices and/or foreign currency exchange rates quoted or depicted in Third Party Mobile Application are for information purposes only. All quotes depend on the market situations. Thus, the quotes in Third Party Mobile Application may not timely reflect the prevailing market prices and may also differ from those quotes provided by other service providers who provide similar services. You should not rely on any price information quoted or depicted in Third Party Mobile Application for trading or investment purposes. The actual transaction prices may differ from (i) the quotes in Third Party Mobile Application and/or (ii) those provided by the other service providers.
Important Notice of Trading Odd Lots:
- Only accept "Market Order" instructions.
- Only accept not more than 10 transaction instructions per trading day.
- Will not accept buying odd lots through Mobile Banking via securities margin accounts.
- Upon receipt of the customer's confirmation of the buy instruction of a Market Order, the transaction amount and additional charges (including brokerage fees and other charges) will be calculated based on the 10 spreads from the nominal price quoted at the time when the order is processed. The sum will be withheld from your available investment amount.
- For the odd lot selling order, if no "odd lot price" is input, the odd lot order would be executed at the price in the odd lot market, which may deviate by several spreads from the nominal price. The order type of such odd lot orders would be a "Market Order".
- If the proceeds of the odd lot selling order are less than the related charges, the customer must pay the difference.
- The buy instruction of a Market Order will be submitted to the market for matching once with the 10 best price queues in the prevailing market and within the range of a maximum of 10 spreads above the nominal price at the time when the order is processed, provided that the order price is not lower than 0.01 of the denominated currency of the relevant stock. The final execution price may deviate considerably from the nominal price at the time of order placement. Any unexecuted orders will be automatically cancelled at once.
- Stock transactions will be settled on the 2nd trading day after the trade day (T+2 Settlement).
- All unexecuted orders will be cancelled after the market closes.
- The processing time is related to the stock liquidity and the number of odd lot shares.
- Due to the manual processing of odd lot orders, there is no definite range of price difference between the odd lots and the board lots. Such orders may take longer to process and are not guaranteed to be executed.
- Normally, the execution price of an odd lot order will have several spreads worse than that of a board lot order. BOCHK does not guarantee that investors can execute the odd lot orders at the best prices. The odd lot selling order under monthly savings plan would be executed at the prevailing price of the board lot market.
- HKEx stipulates that the number of odd shares purchased and sold shall not exceed one board lot. When choosing odd lot order trading, an order with a share quantity equal to or exceeding one board lot of the stock will be rejected.
- The quantity of odd lot stocks can be accumulated to reach one board lot in securities account. However, BOCHK Mobile Banking and Internet Banking do not provide the service of splitting one board lot stocks into odd lots for stocks selling.
- The buying odd lot stock list is subject to change by BOCHK from time to time without prior notice.
- By using BOCHK’s odd lot trading services, you agree to the terms set out in this Important Notice.
The following risk disclosure statements cannot disclose all the risks involved and does not take into account any personal circumstances unknown to BOCHK. You should undertake your own independent review and seek independent professional advice before you trade or invest especially if you are uncertain of or have not understood any aspect of the following risk disclosure statements or the nature and risks involved in trading or investment. You should carefully consider whether trading or investment is suitable in light of your own risk tolerance, financial situation, investment experience, investment objectives, investment horizon and investment knowledge.
Risk Disclosure of Securities Trading
Risk of Securities Trading
Monthly Stocks Savings Plan is not equivalent to, nor should it be treated as a substitute for, time deposit. The prices of securities fluctuate, sometimes dramatically. The price of a security may move up or down, and may become valueless. It is as likely that losses will be incurred rather than profit made as a result of buying and selling securities.
Risk of Securities Margin Trading
The risk of loss in financing a transaction by deposit of collateral is significant. You may sustain losses in excess of your cash and any other assets deposited as collateral with the licensed or registered person. Market conditions may make it impossible to execute contingent orders, such as "stop-loss" or "stop-limit" orders. You may be called upon at short notice to make additional margin or interest payments. If the required margin or interest payments are not made within the prescribed time, your collateral may be liquidated without your consent. Moreover, you will remain liable for any resulting deficit in your account and interest charged on your account. You should therefore carefully consider whether such a financing arrangement is suitable in light of your own risk tolerance, financial situation, investment experience, investment objectives, investment horizon and investment knowledge.
You are reminded to understand the relevant details, risks, charges and important notes before investing in Shanghai A shares or Shenzhen A shares. For details, please read the “Important Notice of Trading China A Shares and A Shares Margin Trading via Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect and Shenzhen-Hong Kong Stock Connect” in BOCHK’s website or the branch staff of BOCHK.
RMB Conversion Limitation Risk
RMB investments are subject to exchange rate fluctuations which may provide both opportunities and risks. The fluctuation in the exchange rate of RMB may result in losses in the event that the customer converts RMB into HKD or other foreign currencies. RMB is currently not fully freely convertible. Individual customers can be offered CNH rate to conduct conversion of RMB through bank accounts and may occasionally not be able to do so fully or immediately, for which it is subject to the RMB position of the banks and their commercial decisions at that moment. Customers should consider and understand the possible impact on their liquidity of RMB funds in advance.
Important Notice of US Securities
You should fully understand the details, risks, charges and important notice before invest in US securities. You should seek advice from your professional advisors as to your particular tax position, including but not limited to estate duty and withholding tax that might arise from investing in overseas products.
US securities investment services are not applicable to US persons and might only be applicable to limited jurisdiction. Any person considering an investment should seek independent advice on the suitability or otherwise of the particular investment.
Since the server requires regular maintenance services, the system will not be able to provide the trading, fund transfer, checking securities custody and corporate action services at the following time: Hong Kong time Saturday 11:30am – 4:30pm.
Since the server requires additional maintenance services, the system will not be able to provide the trading, fund transfer and corporate action services (enquiry function remains normal) at the following time: Hong Kong time daily 12:45pm – 2:15pm (during Standard Time in the United States - from the first Sunday in November to the second Sunday in March) or 11:45am – 1:15pm (during Daylight Saving Time in the United States - from the second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November).
This promotion material does not constitute any offer, solicitation, recommendation, comment or guarantee to the purchase, subscription or sale of any investment product or service and it should not be considered as investment advice.
This promotion material is issued by BOCHK and the contents have not been reviewed by the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong.